Monday, September 5, 2016

Noticing Things

I'm usually pretty good at noticing small details about people and things around me. Maybe things others wouldn't or wouldn't be paying attention to. After receiving my coin from my new friend I noticed a security guard walking by us looking into the crowd. In his hand he had 

MAGICAL RAINBOW UNICORNS!!!!!

Otherwise known in DMB circles as PIT passes for NIGHT 3. Impossible to find. Face value of $300 or more when they were released in February. The ticket everyone was searching for all weekend. And the dude had about a dozen. I approached him and started asking/begging how to get one. So did a beautiful tall blonde. He talked to us for a bit before moving on. He said he would be back. Yeah, right. Oh well. Nothing lost, nothing gained. 

Then he came walking back a little while later. I noticed and approached him again. So did the leggy blonde and her beautiful friends. Dude opened his coat and had a few left. He started attaching them to their wrists. I kept talking him up and brought out the big guns. Dropped words like "rectal cancer" and "bucket list." He looked at me and said really? Yep. He pealed the tape off and slapped it on my wrist. Pit. For N3. Tears. 

No comments: