Sunday, September 15, 2013

Surgery

Well, it's come to this. Another surgery. After conferring with several doctors and giving the new treatment/diet almost a month to work, I've decided it's in the best interest of my family, my job, and my health, to have a permanent colostomy bag placed. The pain I've been experiencing these last 9 months is becoming overwhelming. The frequency of my bowel movements has become a real problem. The healing we had been hoping and praying for is just not going to happen. 

So, tomorrow morning over at Medical Center of the Rockies, I'll undergo surgery at 8:30. Depending on how things go, I'll be in the hospital for 3-7 days. The recovery could stretch anywhere from 8-12 weeks depending on how the surgery goes. While I'm not looking forward to another abdominal surgery and lengthy recovery, I know this will end my pain and end the pooping problems I've had everyday since January 3.   

Grandma Janet will be staying with our family for the next couple weeks. We would appreciate everyone's prayers tomorrow and in the days ahead. If anyone is in the area, I'd love to see you for a visit either at MCR or when I return home next weekend. Thanks to everyone for your support through what seems like a never ending quest to get Ryan better. I'll update everyone later on tomorrow on how things went. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you buddy. Take care and we will see you soon. Your a strong dude and a great guy.