Sunday, April 21, 2024

LWC-Public Safety

 Sadly, we had our final Leadership Weld County class last week. Where does time go? It seems like just yesterday that we gathered together on a cool, crisp September morning to start our journey together. I;’ve learned so much, connected with so many new people, and strengthened many other relationships. I was humbled and touched by how many people in the class were worried and moved by my adventure the past month. It really touched my heart. 


We spent the morning touring the Weld County Jail, learning about the Sheriffs Department and SWAT. Lunch was at the police station seeing the K-9 unit in action and learning more about gangs. We closed the day at the fire department. The reenactment of what would occur during a cardiac arrest and the response from the FD gave me a little PTSD. Then, fire hoses! Graduation May 15! 















No comments: