Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cancer

Boy, that's a blog title that will get your attention. I have been debating for several days whether or not to post this. Since Campingdad is about all things related to our family,good or bad, I decided to post. On Thursday of this week my life was changed. I was told the health problems I had been experiencing were due to the cancer that has infected my body. I currently have a tumor growing in my rectum near my anus. Quite a place for a tumor huh?

So the road ahead will look something like this. On Tuesday the results come back from the biopsy. Depending on the size and depth of the tumor, that will determine the length of the chemo and radiation I will get to endure concurrently. Hopefully the tumor will shrink so when surgery is preformed there will be enough piping left to connect everything back up so I don't have to wear a colonstomy bag for the rest of my life.

So, there you have it. A life changing week for Campingdad and his family. I'm still very angry. Upset. Disbelief. Discouraged. Angry. I am only 35 years old and I have cancer???

1 comment:

The Coach said...

Bro - praying for you.