Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cancer-Update

It's been a pretty intense three weeks around the Roth household. Lots
of emotions, discussions, tears, prayers and information overload. I
have been waiting until we had our ducks in a row and a capitol P plan
in place before giving an update.

So, we now know I will begin treatment on Monday July 2. I will
receive 28 weekdays of radiation as well as chemo which will be taken
orally to begin with. The radiation will finish on Thursday August 9.
Then then waiting will begin. Sometime 8-12 weeks later, my doctor
will perform surgery to remove the tumor. We will also have a port
placed at the same time. Then the chemo will begin again. I will
receive three or four rounds, each lasting 3 weeks. The process will
take about 9 1/2 months from beginning to end.

So there you have it. The Plan. Thanks everyone for your kind words
and prayers. The battle has begun.

No comments: